Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Golly Bard Love

A most splendid Christmas Gift from my husband!

I have long admired the wonderful watercolors of Holly Ward Bimba, watercolor-artist -fantastic, of the Etsy shop Golly Bard. She has quite a lovely blog as well!

Her subject matter is dear to my heart and her style pleasing to my eye.

Birds and eggs and nests...


Twigs and roots and blossoms...

Fancifully filled bottles hold macabre collections...

Crazily-long-legged bugs contort and twist. Decorated with Holly's signature patterns.

What a wonderful Christmas surprise to find not one Golly Bard painting, but THREE! Of course I immediately wanted to write to Holly and thank her for doing such beautiful work, but then I thought it would be so much nicer to frame the pieces first and then post a photo.

Time passes....

Of course such lovely pieces needed to have custom frames, and that took some planning. Then the frames were ordered and they took a few weeks to arrive. Oh yes, I needed to cut mats and actually frame the pieces! I could have waited until they were hung, but I still need eye-hooks and picture framing wire... and you can see how this goes. I thought the time was well overdue - so thank you Holly, for the beautiful work that you do! Thank you Glenny, for bringing such beautiful pieces into our home, and for choosing so well from my favorites!

Kaida agrees too! :^)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Its a whole Golly Bard Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Lovely blog; I'm a new follower!
    Best,
    Anne ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, thank you for your kindness and generosity! I love seeing my paintings in their new home! It's such a treat for me. I hope you will enjoy your paintings for many years to come.
    xo, Holly
    p.s. I'm such a huge fan of you work as well and wear my spider cuff all the time!

    ReplyDelete