Friday, July 8, 2011

New Tool Alert - Foredom Flex Shaft

My trusty little Dremel has been chugging along for the last 15 years or so. It came with a flex shaft attachment, but I never really found it comfortable to use - too stiff. I've done all my work holding the main body of the tool. I replaced the motor brushes once and now the tool is making similar straining noises, slowing down, and not working at variable speed - it holds just one speed.

Between the age of the Dremel, the problems it's having and personally being tired of the weight of the tool I've decided to upgrade.

Here's the newest addition to the studio...... my new Foredom Flex Shaft SR-2272. It has a variable speed foot control and a runs so smoothly! The flex shaft is very comfortable and seems much more flexible than the Dremel. I'm so excited I cleaned and organized the workspace - almost like I'm trying to impress. :^)

2 comments: