Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Small Steps


Making Earwires, originally uploaded by Lynn_EL/UnaOdd.

When one is deep in a rut it sometimes helps to remember that small steps will eventually help one climb out.

It's been a dry spell creatively for me for quite a while and I really was feeling little or no enthusiasm for jewelry-making. It was a rambling, blog-reading trek one day that landed me at Orion Designs Blog and Vicki Potter's Earwire Tutorial. Suddenly I felt a spark! I can do that!

Although I took jewelry classes in college, I have not utilized any of my metal-working skills since. It's a small step, but I decided to start thinking in basics again. Thanks to Vicki's great tutorial I purchased sterling wire, a bench block, and a chasing hammer. I just finished my fourth pair and am already brainstorming what I will make to hang from my new earwires! Thank you Vicki!

No comments:

Post a Comment