Thursday, August 6, 2009

Slow Going


It's been a difficult Spring and Summer. I'm used to working hard and getting things done. Lately my left foot has been having some swelling problems that I'm sure are related to my surgery. My doctors have been sending me for tests so we'll see where that ends up.

I've been making some new pieces (and having some difficulty with new techniques...), and have been having a hard time getting them listed.

School starts in a few weeks for the kids -I look forward to extra time to get things done, but feel a little sad as well.

Have you ever just felt like everything was difficult? Results come slowly, troubles come quickly?

I don't want to turn into a complainer, and I'm struggling against that.

The little snail was found crawling on my shoe.

5 comments:

  1. Lynn - like ths snail - just take things easy - and progress will be made.
    Sometimes a cup of tea , a rest and a little bit of reflection are needed :)
    - after all - a collector of whiskers must look intently on the surface to find the hidden jewel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this happens to me too.. especially when I'm having PMS! LOL.

    Whenever I feel stress up, I'll remind myself to take a few deep breaths and relax.. enjoy every process instead of getting all anxious about the result.

    ''By the mile it's a pile, by the yard it's hard, by the inch it's a cinch.'' - Dr. John F. Demartini.

    Hope this bring you some inspirations! :)

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a similar sentiment on my own blog today. :) Big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes...i've felt it too...today in fact...and it's not complaining to acknowledge a slow time, a challenging time, a time when a person just feels like that snail. I'm a busy little 'doer' too and love to see big progress, big results! It helps me to remember it's not personal...all things ebb and flow, our world is made peaks and valleys and how would we recognize and enjoy one without the other? Sometimes forward movement is in leaps and bounds and sometimes babysteps, but it's all moving forward. I remind myself to be in the process, where all the enjoyment and learning resides anyway. After all, once that goal is achieved, I will only replace it with something else!

    hmmmmmm...I guess I needed this as well ~ peace to you while we 'slug along' today!
    karon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the perspective! :^)

    And truthfully, where the children are concerned -I don't want them growing up too fast...I enjoy them being little! They can 'slow down' and it will be fine. That's why I'm sad for school starting. :^)

    ReplyDelete