Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting Fresh

I had a blog. My blog was sad. I deleted my sad blog.

This is the start of a new year and having new hope I am starting over.

I am an artist who is trying my best to capture and transmit the sights and ideas that interest me. I have a deep love of nature, pattern, color, life, shape, structure and growth. For many years I channeled that interest into my garden, doing a small amount of art and photography for largely personal enjoyment. Through trial and error and much experimentation I started working with polymer clay and resin. I found people responding to my work and felt connections being made. Having always been a very private and somewhat reclusive person, these connections were very exciting and gratifying and I decided to make the jump into selling my work.

For many years I did local craft shows and consignment, living a sort of nomadic show-going life. It was a lot of fun and hard work and was just starting to get really busy when we decided to start a family. Not wishing to deal with the unknown hazards of art materials combined with pregnancy, I gave up my work in 1998. I focused my time and energy on my family and garden, but always missed my artwork. Just recently, with the youngest starting school, I found myself wanting to pick up where I had left off.

I decided to jump in, and opened my Etsy shop UnaOdd.

No comments:

Post a Comment