Devi, I've been thinking about this. I really have! :^) First I have to say that I was so wonderfully surprised to be tagged... then I realized that I had to say something!!! :^O
No really, I have felt so lucky to have gotten to meet so many wonderful people through Etsy. I remember when I first 'found' Etsy. It was a distant, magical place. I started buying some of the wonderful work, admired the artists, and hoped to sell some of my own pieces there 'One Day'. Then finally I just went ahead and put my first pieces up...and held my breath.
Looking back on just over a year of selling, yes, it's been exciting to sell my work there, but even better has been getting to know other artists. Devi is one of the first people that I both admired and feel lucky enough to have gotten to know a little bit.
Devi...if you ever make another white flower choker, let me know because I want one!
Devi kindly tagged me so here's the nuts and bolts....
Here are the rules of this tag:
* link to the person who tagged you,
* post the rules on your blog,
* write six random things about yourself,
* tag six people at the end of your post and
link to them,
* let each person know they've been tagged.
So here's the six randoms...
1. I have a husband and two children who are everything to me. I never thought I would marry...never thought I would have children. Actually, in my maudlin youth I decided I would just die young and be done with it. Silly girl. So I finally did meet a man I could admire, love and be friends with. Yeah, I married him and then.......children....."Well, are you sure?" No, but when will we be?......They are now my ALL.
2. I started going gray in college. At the time it was 'intriguing', but as I got older I fought it. I just recently stopped fighting (at 41) and have let the gray be as it wishes -and there's a lot of it! I wish I could say I was happy with the decision. Sometimes I am, and I feel very confident in my place in life, but sometimes I feel like a 20 year old and then I look in the mirror.
3. I love my kittens, but I wish they wouldn't claw my furniture, but I won't de-claw them. I like my couch...A vicious circle.
4. I lived in Denmark, with my husband and children, for 5 months. It was supposed to be a 2 year relocation, and it was my dream. Unfortunately, dreams sometimes don't work out the way you think they will. The things I thought would be a problem were easy, and the things I never expected to be a problem were what brought me back home.:^( I met some wonderful people while I was there (Thank you Heather the Brit, more than you will ever know!!!) If I could do it over again I would, and I would say "Damn the Driver's Test!"
5. I like red wine. A lot.
6. I am actually very shy, and a bit of a loner. Connecting with other artists has forced me to come out of my shell a bit - a good thing! If I was left to my own I would read, and draw, and garden, and read, and paint.....and sleep. Thank you Devi!
And for the tagging. Some artists I admire, and would love to know a little more about, I'm new to blogging, so here's three admired artists: